Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Syliva Browne/Chris Dufresne CANCEL/REFUND

  As some of you have read in past posts, I had an appointment scheduled w/Chris, Sylvia's son. (yes even psychics go to psychics!)
I've been having mixed feelings, based on my own intuition plus some bad reviews I found AFTER setting the appt. I did a reading on  getting a reading  (lol) and it was very mixed also. It said good things about Chris, but there was a card suggesting disappointment. Judging from this reading, I believe he is for real, and has the best intentions also, but that he and I wouldnt necessarily connect well. Every psychic doesnt connect w/every client every time. 
  So, I called today and cancelled appt, telling them I realized that I needed that money (I actually did too, some unexpected expenses came up). The guy on the phone was polite and understanding; didnt give me any hassle and refunded me immediately.
  One review I read on Chris was about a woman who said she they wouldnt issue a refund, then when Chris called her for her reading, he had an attitude.  Based on my own experience, I now question that. It could be that some details were left out, like how far ahead did she try to cancel. I gave over 24 hrs notice. I also wonder if his attitude was a misinterpretation. Imagine how exhausted he must be w/the amount of readings he does? I personally would start turning clients away if I got as much traffic as they get. I'd rather just do a few per day, having a few days off every week and make  less money. It does take a lot of energy. I also set up candles, sage myself, do prayers before a day of readings and sage myself again afterwards, so it takes a considerable amount of time & energy. I imagine that anyone working w/so many people per week would start to get drained/cranky, especially if they dont have time/take the time to cleanse themselves between clients & at end of the workday. He is so busy , I dont know how he would find the time for that.
  Im sure he has inherited Sylvia's gift and that he does a great job for most people most of the time, but again, even the best psychics have people they cant connect with. So, anyone doing that many readings for that many years is bound to get some bad reviews.
  The fact that I personally had such mixed feeelings, even before reading reviews, tells me that he and I
probably would not have connected well.
  I cant speak for you or anyone else, and as I said, Im sure he has the gift. I cannot make a judgement based on hear-say/reviews.  Use your own judgement/intuition in choosing a psychic for yourself.
 I would like to hear your thoughts and experiences. Please share your thoughts and experiences here !

15 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you for following your intuition. I neglected mine and did have an appointment with Chris just this week. Unfortunately, the negative reviews of Chris Dufresne are founded in truth.

I had been excited for weeks about my upcoming reading with a well-known psychic. After he rescheduled my appointment once, and had difficulty charging my card, they eventually got things straightened out and we had our reading.

He was rude, disrespectful, and angry. He hates his job and resented me for making him do it. He was not accurate about my present life situation regarding my education, career, health, and relationship. I realized I was dealing with a negative person who hates people. His main goal seemed to be to make me feel bad about who I was.

I quietly asked him if there was a possibility that he was reading someone else. He then yelled at me and really ramped up his attack. He told me I was mentally impaired and need medication for a mental illness.

At this point I knew without a doubt he is more bad than good. I told him he was inaccurate and the reading does not fit me or my life. He said they would refund my money 100% and to never again call their office. No problem. I never want anything to do with Sylvia Browne or her organization for the rest of my life.

The sad part is I have loved and supported Sylvia's work for years. I have attended her events, classes, read her books, and bought her cards. Because of this experience that has all changed.

Chris killed one of my most beloved spiritual teachers.

THERE IS NO WAY SYLVIA CAN BE LEGITIMATE BECAUSE SHE ALLOWS HER SON TO HURT PEOPLE.

Unknown said...

Dear Aleta,

I was searching web sites for feedback regarding Chris Dufresne private readings. I had 2 readings from him. One in 1999 which was very good. The second one I had an issues with was back in 2003.From what I could tell the information was good but he seemed very short and "snippy" with me. Like he did not want to talk to me at all. At one time in the reading he told me " your doing what your suppose to be doing, your at where your suppose to be at - I can' help you. " I was expecting something more positive since I was paying between $300.00 - $400.00 a reading from him. For years I had thought that he had seen something in my future that was bad and he didn't want to bring it up. From you site, seems like he had done this to other people. I have no desire to have another reading by him and will never go back. Thank you for letting me vent.

Unknown said...

Correction- Chris told me Your doing what your suppose to be doing, your at where your suppose to be at, I CAN'T help you. Sorry, I forgot the T.

Unknown said...

Hi Kim, You are free to vent & thanks for sharing your experience for the sake of others. Im glad you had one good reading from him. Seems to me as stated in my original post that he may be simply burned out from being so busy that he is actually starting to resent it/no longer enjoy his work. Seems people were having better experiences w/him years ago but as time went on he changed. I intuitively knew this was an inherent danger for myself and anyone who does readings or counseling. I told myself from the beginning that I would limit the amount of readings per day and take at least 1 day per week off, to avoid burn-out. If I ever get "cranky" I will take a vacation, get some energy healing, etc. Self -care is something we healers and psychic need to be committed to. Thanks again for your input !

Unknown said...

I thought i had responded to you but I dont see a reply here. Sorry you had such a bad experience. Sylvia is gone at this point anyway, but I would have said, "dont throw the baby out with the bathwater" She and her son are different people. Even if she was aware of his behavior, she may not have been able to do much about it. There was likely a legal contract for one thing. I understand your feelings, but why let him ruin your experience of Sylvia if you have enjoyed her books, etc? Enjoy what you enjoy. Dont let anything take that away :)

Sherry said...

I had a reading with Chris today. Very disappointing. He talked too fast and I did not feel "listened to.". I had readings with him in the past..not accurate on several key events....but I couldn't resist the lower price ($175).
I wanted to express my love and admiration for his mother and extend my sympathies to him, but everything felt so rushed the I was unable to.
Chris talked too fast, often right over me. When he advised me " get over" the devastating betrayal, which was my main reason for the reading, I felt dismissed and began trying to end the call. He told me to stop worrying and enjoy my life. I said "And you enjoy yours, too!" He sounded defensive as he said he loved his life and his children and his job. I was trying to lead into my comments regarding the loss of his mother, but at that point I thought he was not listening to me, so I said "Thanks " and ended the call.
After reading the comments of other posters, I feel somewhat better about my impression of Chris' attitude. I am generally pretty tolerant of people's quirks , but this experience has me scratching my head. Chris was NOT this way during the other 2 readings I had with him. I imagine since Sylvia's passing, he is feeling the complete weight of keeping her "empire" afloat.
I intend to pray for him and wish him well. The lesson I will take from this is to remember that psychics are people, too.

simplypsychics said...

Great blog love the post keep up the good work....I'll be back....

It's all about you! Find out about Love, Career, and Money.... Check out my website Psychic Reading

John Ryan said...

Hey altea Thank you so much for a lovable post where you had explained each and everything and keep going check out here

SISSY said...

for 1 all of you are looking in the wrong direction. look and prey to god physics are
evil says in the bible. also once your dead so is your spirit until your resurected from jesus then your soul is live again but not till then. its all in the bible, so all is crap. dont believe me look it up.
sissy

Unknown said...

I can see that you are an expert at your field! I am launching a website soon, and your information will be very useful for me.. Thanks for all your help and wishing you all the success in your business.
Check out here

Anonymous said...

holy Jesus MOther Mary blesseds be thy GOD phsiscs is evil peoples be toying with SATAN! save your soles do NOT go to forton tellers they work bein the DEVIL stay away read the HOLY BIBLE reppant to Lord Jesus beg for mercy cause on judmentday you will anser to GOD do you want to burn in lake of Fire or be in paradise

Kathy said...

An intriguing discussion is definitely worth comment. I do think that you need to write more on this issue, it might not be a taboo matter but typically folks don't talk about these topics. To the next! Many thanks!! check out now

Anonymous said...

Dum,dum,dum,dee,dee,dum,dee,dum Call Farmer's Insursance and save!

Terry Anderson said...

Spot on with this write-up, I seriously feel this amazing site needs a lot more attention. I’ll probably be back again to see more, thanks for the information!
www.1dollaraminutepsychicreadings.com

Anonymous said...

After 150 years of psychical research, and no significant data to prove that psi phenomena is real, should tell you something.